It's a very exciting time to be a Viking! Grand View is one of the top NAIA athletic programs in the nation. In 2013-14, the Viking football, men's soccer, and wrestling teams were all ranked #1 in the nation. Football and wrestling brought home national championships; the third-straight for wrestling! In additon, the Grand View men's golf, women's volleyball, men's volleyball, and women's bowling were ranked in the top ten in the NAIA.
This year, we welcomed more than 700 student athletes to campus to compete in 24 sports programs. Our goal is to create an environment where Viking athletes have the opportunity to compete at a high level, succeed academically, and develop socially into productive citizens in the community. I am sure you will feel the momentum building for our future.
Being a Grand View Viking means you're not only part of a team, you're making a legacy for yourself and your university. You'll reap the benefits only a Grand View Viking can.
- Coaches know you as an athlete and an individual.
- You have an opportunity to participate.
- You'll gain a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- You'll make lifelong friends.
- GV athletes graduate at a higher rate.
- Professors encourage and support GV athletes in academic pursuits.
- You'll be part of a community.
- You'll contribute to winning teams.
Learn more about Viking sports teams by checking the sport(s) you are interested in below.
If you are interested in learning more about Viking football, click here.